We will warranty against peeling, chipping, or blistering of the newly applied paint or stain which can be the result of poor or improper workmanship. This warranty is transferable to the future homeowner, or owner of your residence or business. A 3 Year Warranty applies to exterior painting and a 5 Year Warranty applies to interior painting
The customer must perform the following for the warranty to be effective:
- Provide a copy of the original painting or staining contract.
- Contact us within the warranty period and as soon as the painting or staining defect is known so as not to cause additional damage to the substrate.
- Show proof that the agreed proposal agreement was paid in full.
BRS Custom Painting Technicians will perform the following:
- Repair failed painted or stained areas by preparing the surface the same as stated in the contract and touch-up paint or stain the same as stated in the contract.
- Repair failed painted or stained areas only where the paint or stain is peeling, chipping or blistering. The paint or stain color and sheen will not be an exact match in some areas of touch up due to aging and possible fading.
- Repair failed painted or stained areas at no labor or material cost to the client.
The following is not covered by this warranty:
- Painting where the client supplies the paint and material
- Painting where the client performs any part of the labor
- Failed painted or stained areas due to previous coating failure, water damage, moisture damage, or ground contact damage
- Brush marks, roller texture, fading, chalking, bleed through from knots, rust stains, or tannin bleed
- Horizontal painted or stained surfaces on exteriors(i.e. decks, deck surfaces like tops of railings, stairs, and porch floors)
- Chipped or cracked paint due to abuse or “wear and tear”
- Acts of God (i.e. Hail and/or storm damage)
- Rotted or previously partially rotted wood
- Cracks, nail pops, or imperfections in drywall, plaster, or wood that were not included in the original estimate or change order.
- 1 coat paint or stain applications
- Semi-transparent stains or clear coats